1. Patient Registration
Patient completes Hydropothecary’s registration process.
2. Physician Consultation
Physician consults with patient to determine their eligibility for medical marijuana. If eligible, physician completes medical document, outlining the number of prescribed grams per day, prescription duration and any THC limits.
Download Medical DocumentDownload Now
3. Hydropothecary Confirms
The completed medical document is faxed by your office to Hydropothecary. We will confirm the account with your patient and they can then place their first order.
Frequently Asked Questions
Because each patient is different, we recommend starting patients off with a product that is lower in THC (or focus on CBD products and products that do not require smoking) and gradually increasing the dosage. Hydropothecary is always available to assist patients in product selection.
- Can be smoked, vaporized, used in edibles or tea.
- Immediate effects when smoked, and does not last as long as other methods of consumption.
- Hydropothecary is the only LP to offer Decarb, a fine milled medical marijuana designed for oral consumption line. Using a proprietary drying method and exacting scientific standards, we decarboxylate (decarb) the cannabis, which activates the cannabinoids (THC and CBD). After a fine milling process, the resulting product has the consistency of flour, giving patients more options. When used with our CannaCap capsule product and capsule maker*, you have the option of consuming cannabis the same way you would any other pill -- easily, discreetly, without having to smoke or vaporize it. Learn more here.
- Allows for a more precise dosage.
- Can be ingested directly under the tongue or used in edibles.
- Onset of effects is gradual and can last longer.
Under the Access to Cannabis for Medical Purposes Regulations (ACMPR), a patient's order will be delivered in tamper-evident packaging and child-resistant containers with client-specific labelling. Orders will be shipped directly to a patient's home.
Currently, most insurance plans do not cover medical marijuana. In most cases, medical marijuana may be claimed as a medical expense for tax purposes.
Hydropothecary will provide the medical document to be completed with the following information:
- Patient's given name, surname, date of birth
- Health Care Practitioner's name, profession, province(s) authorized to practice in, licence number(s)
- Health Care Practitioner's business address, phone number, fax number, email address
- Period of use, and daily quantity of dried marijuana to be used by the patient (g/day)
- Patient's medical condition
- Maximum THC percentage, Maximum CBD percentageDownload our medical document here.
To learn more about what we can to offer your patients, visit Our Difference.
A dose of Elixir varies amongst patients. Start low and go slow, gradually increasing dosing. Absorption can be felt typically from 30 to 45 minutes, and the effects can last from two to four hours.
Elixir CBD contains approximately 900** mg of CBD per 15 ml bottle. Each spray contains approximately 6 mg* of CBD.
Elixir THC contains approximately 400** mg of THC per 15 ml bottle. Each spray contains approximately 2.5 mg* of THC, a relatively small amount of THC allowing patients to micro-dose.
When using Elixir sublingual spray, patients should follow dosing instructions provided by their Health Care Practitioner while gradually increasing doses.
Elixir is a suitable recommendation for patients who:
- Prefer a smoke or vape free options
- Desire a product with longer lasting effects
- Are new to cannabis
- Require discretion when consuming their medicine
Easy to use, discreet and convenient, Elixir provides an alternative method from smoking or vaping for patients to consume their medicine. At home, on the go or anywhere, it fits with any patient’s lifestyle.
Elixir is a sublingual spray, which typically sublingual absorption can be felt typically from 30 to 45 minutes, and the effects can last from two to four hours.
Elixir is delivered in a spray of fresh peppermint, which in addition to freshening breath, is known to offer health benefits. Peppermint has traditionally been used to help with digestive tract pain and a recent scientific literature review found evidence of peppermint oil decreasing the duration, frequency, and severity of pain in patients suffering from undifferentiated functional abdominal pain (see Anheyer, Dennis, et al. "Herbal Medicines for Gastrointestinal Disorders in Children and Adolescents: A Systematic Review." Pediatrics (2017)). Decarb is another smoke-free product offered by Hydropothecary.